Staff Accountant – Petaluma
Integral member of Accounting team responsible for providing support maintaining the general ledger and spirits order processing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily cash and line of credit reconciliation
• Preparation and posting of month end journal entries for multi-entity organization
• General ledger account reconciliations and variance research/resolution; assessment and communication with necessary involved parties
• Duties may include fixed asset maintenance including booking monthly depreciation, additions tracking, disposals, and reconciliating subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger; and preparation of monthly borrowing base collateral financial reporting
• Assists in preparation for independent annual consolidated financial statement audits and semi-annual financial institution collateral reporting audits.
• Prepares sales and use tax and property tax reporting
• Ensures timely and accurate processing of spirits purchase orders; Receive order, verify FOB pricing, input order into NAV, upload into 3rd party warehouse portal and email confirmation
• Track and maintain customer allocations and related inventory for spirits as needed
• Track and reconcile spirits bailment warehouse activity
• Prepare export documentation as needed for spirits purchase orders
• Invoice daily spirits shipments; Receive bill of ladings from warehouse, ship in system, email invoices to customer
• Reconcile weekly; open and shipped spirits against 3rd party warehouse, reconciles and resolves discrepancies as needed
• Provide customer service to external customers as well as providing customer service to support to our internal sales representatives
• Month-end order entry close; assess open spirits order status, performs reconciliations for open & shipped
• Month-end contract service billing processing; Maintain billing rates for 3rd party service clients, upload and enter monthly process billing activity for all facilities and companies
• Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, scanning, faxing/emailing and mailing as needed
• Assists with special projects as required.
• Performs other duties as requested by the Controller and/or Accounts Receivable Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent.
• Two to three years related accounting experience and/or training.
• Working knowledge of general ledger and bank reconciliations and journal entries.
• Solid foundation in accounting principles and GAAP accounting
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision or similar ERP system preferred
• Ability to work cross functionally and with all levels of management to create strong working partnerships.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proven business acumen skills
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft software