Sales Director of Retail Chains – East
Purple Wine + Spirits is seeking a Sales Director of Retail Chains – East. This position is responsible for broadening distribution, growing sales and increasing recognition of our wine and spirit brands across the Eastern United States throughout major off-premise and grocery retail chain outlets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manages the strategy, development, programming, and maintenance of the Off-premise Chain segment, including ABC, BJ’s, Cost Plus regional, Costco, Earth fare, Food City, Food Lion, Fresh Market, Giant Foods, Hannaford, Heinen’s, Kroger corp. Lowes, Meijer, Publix, Safeway regional, Sam’s, Total Wine, Wal Mart, Wegman’s Kroger banners, Whole Foods, Winn Dixie.
- Develop and manage productive relationships with major retail chain headquarter buyers throughout the Western United States.
- Develop and manage relationships with key influencers within our distributor network.
- Contribute to Purple Wines + Spirits overall financial performance by supporting the off-premise National Account depletion targets on “Priority Brands”, “Utility Brands”, “Control – Private Label Brands” and “Spirit Brands”
- Identify sales opportunities, develop strategies, and make presentations to expand distribution and elevate sales velocity on existing distribution.
- Collaborate with VP of Sales West, Marketing, and RSM’s to create and execute chain-specific sales and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with Brand Manager of Control & Private Label Brands to drive and maximize the CPL business throughout key retail chain accounts.
- Communicate new chain activity and execution requirements to the Purple Wines + Spirits sales team.
- Develop chain sales and depletion forecasts, set objectives, and monitor performance of each account.
- Plan and conduct quarterly business review & annual planning meetings with distributor chain teams throughout major markets.
- Clearly and frequently communicate sales initiative progress (or lack thereof) to the VP & RSM’s.
- Clearly and frequently communicate ideas, trends, issues, and needs to the VP & RSM’s.
- Effectively participate in market surveys, recap results, and assist in developing action plans for the assigned market.
- Work in tandem with RSM’s with tracking, updating, and assisting in development of wholesaler incentive programs
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school; or two to five years related experience in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Wine and/or Spirits category management experience required.
- Skills: Strong computer skills; strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, strong organizational and analytical skills and excellent negotiation and mediation skills.
- Proficient with Nielsen / IRI Data, Wine knowledge; formal training/certification preferred.
- This position requires face to face interaction with the targeted accounts.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel frequently and must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier.
- The role will have travel up to 50% of the time. Up to 50% of the required travel time will be Air Travel.