Sales Director- North Pacific Region
The Sales Director, based in the Bay Area of Northern California, will deliver results through a planned sales strategy to introduce our wines and spirits to the assigned Region – (N.CA,OR,WA,AK).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute brand launch plans in target markets including distributor pricing, deal structures, target accounts, introduction meetings, etc.
- Establish and maintain major account relationships in the defined region.
- Identify target accounts and opportunities within the framework of the defined region.
- Monitor performance (depletions, shipments, pricing, promotional materials).
- Monitor competitor activity in each account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated, communicated, and executed.
- Educate on-premise/off-premise accounts in product knowledge and/or develop special programs (ie; specialty menu drink selection.).
- Drives the wholesale sales to targeted distributors in defined region.
- Effectively establish distributor relationships.
- Manage, motivate and support the distribution network including distributor management and sales representatives.
- Maintain budgets, manage expenses, monitor inventory levels, and forecast inventory needs to execute sales.
- Prioritizes sales initiatives and goals in all aspects and phases of wine & spirit sales.
- Plans and implements sales to specific major accounts where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities, and account management skills are critical.
- Lead insightful, influential, and successful client presentations.
- 5+ years of wine/spirits supplier experience, and or, combined distributor experience. Craft spirits and/or wine sales preferred. Experience in the Bay Area and account relationships desired.
- Strong persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally or externally.
- Must possess strong negotiation and mediation skills with the ability to influence and motivate others to meet objectives under sometimes-restrictive timelines.
- Strong analytical skills required, with the ability to identify market opportunities and develop tactical programs to deliver sales objectives.
- Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity. Responsible, outgoing and reliable.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Possesses leader qualities and has a proven track in spirit/wine sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or commensurate experience.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Must have valid driver’s license for mobility within the territory.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Positive attitude; team player.
- Effective self-management skills, specifically time management and territory call planning.
- Desired candidate resides in the immediate Northern California Bay Area.