Region Sales Director – Northeast
The Region Director – Northeast will deliver results through a planned sales strategy to introduce our wines and spirits to the assigned market to include CT/DE/MA/ME/NH/NJ/NY/RI/VT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute brand launch plans in target markets including distributor pricing, deal structures, target accounts, introduction meetings, etc.
- Establish and maintain major account relationships in the defined region.
- Identify target accounts and opportunities within the framework of the defined region.
- Monitor performance (depletions, shipments, pricing, promotional materials).
- Monitor competitor activity in each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated, communicated, and executed.
- Educate on-premise/off-premise accounts in product knowledge and/or develop special programs (ie; specialty menu drink selection.).
- Drives the wholesale sales to targeted distributors in defined region.
- Effectively establish distributor relationships.
- Manage, motivate and support the distribution network including distributor management and sales representatives.
- Maintain budget, manage expenses and know inventory levels in order to forecasting and execute sales.
- Prioritization sales initiatives and goals in all aspects and phases of spirit sales.
- Plans and implements sales to specific major accounts where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities, and account manage skills are critical.
- Manage, motivate and support Area Managers in assigned key markets
- Lead insightful, successful client presentations
- Craft spirits and/or wine sales preferred. Possesses leader qualities and has a proven track in spirit/wine sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or commensurate experience
- Must be at a minimum of 21 years old
- Must have at least 7-10 years distributor wine and spirits sales experience within this territory
- Must be responsible, outgoing and reliable
- Must have valid States driver’s license for mobility within the territory
- Experience managing and motivating Area Managers
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Positive attitude; team player
- Superior spirits knowledge, combined with a commitment to continuous improvement in all facets of our business goals.
- Effective self-management skills, specifically time management and territory call planning
Existing account relationships desired