Quality Assurance Technician II – American Canyon. Second Shift.
Our American Canyon facility is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Technician II. Quality Assurance Technician II insures proper quality and specifications are achieved during each wine bottling run. The primary goal of the Quality Assurance Technician is to ensure that bottling projects have the correct materials and specifications to build finished-goods that meet standards and customer specifications. The position is available for second shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect bottling line set-up of all bottling line supplies against specification sheet containing pertinent information provided by the client.
- Inspect specification sheet regarding legal compliance requirements of the product, and any supplemental information.
- Inspect bottling line machinery to ensure proper functioning.
- Perform a visual inspection of the finished bottle and determine if the label, cork and top finish applications are acceptable according to the clients’ specifications.
- Perform required checks of all bottling line machines for proper function, line supplies against authorized specification sheet, legal compliance requirements and that the finished package consistently falls within working tolerances.
- Perform DO checks to ensure proper wine integrity.
- Visually inspect labels for absorption, paper stock, adhesion, die cuts and curl or grain.
- Evaluate glass for capacity, visual defects and bottle dimensions.
- Evaluate and audit finished packages, pallets and finished bottles.
- Evaluate bottling line for any practice or condition that may compromise GMP’s or line sanitation.
- Test labels for potential application and abrasion problems per required specifications.
- Perform microbiological plating and/or evaluate results to determine approval for release of product to inventory. Pull and hold any wine that may require further evaluation.
- Perform PCR Testing and interpret results.
- Perform microbial swab testing to confirm the effectiveness of line sanitation.
- Ensure NCP Process is followed and all product place on hold is properly tagged in the Warehouse.
- Complete entries into the Quality Incident Log when necessary.
- Excel, Word, and MS Outlook proficiency
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills
- Ability to work and think independently with minimum supervision
- Good math, reading and writing skills in English
- Ability to occasionally lift 21-50 lbs.