Production Planner (American Canyon)
The Production Planner, based at our American Canyon facility, collaborates with the Director of Supply Chain using the Capacity Plan to create, manage and communicate to internal departments and external clients the medium and short-range schedule for bottling operations. The role will be taking into consideration packaging availability, wine readiness, line efficiency, facility limitations, and staffing. The role also supports the Client Services Manager by being the direct liaison with third party clients for scheduled projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Director of Supply Chain to create the medium to short-range schedule for Bottling Operations.
- Maintain a rolling 12-18 month schedule for bottling line capacity planning
- Maximize bottling line efficiency by scheduling projects and utilizing historical run rates.
- Work with the Bottling Manager and Bottling Maintenance Manager to optimize the sequencing of workorders and maximize OEE.
- Facilitate routine meetings with the Operations Team and Project Managers to ensure that wine and packaging material inventories are sufficient to meet the scheduled bottling requirements.
- Manage production schedule changes and adjust requirements for incoming materials to ensure no down time is incurred on production floor as well as to minimize changeover times and overtime expenses.
- Schedule and manage packaging testing projects for internal and client products.
- Track scheduled bottling events against actual production to establish run rates, efficiencies and evaluate production issues as well as future production potential.
- Receive, communicate and execute 3rd party client scheduling requests
- Participate in daily production meetings to ensure consistent information flow
- Work with project managers to understand material manufacturing lead times and schedule accordingly
- Communicate the status of current bottling schedule to 3rd party clients weekly
- Collect bottle moulds, bottle diameters, product codes, wine blends, work order numbers and COLA status from both internal project managers and 3rd party clients.
- Notify warehousing of upcoming projects with special shipping or storage needs
- Create Special Project work orders and submit to AR for billing along with ample descriptions for the client.
- Create assembly orders in Vintegrate for each bottling workorder.
- Create and distribute Page 2 and workorders for each project to be used by Bottling Operations personnel.
- Create (obtain client approval for third party bottling projects) Case Labels for each bottling workorder.
- Coordinate with Inventory Department and Supply Chain on the removal of client’s leftover/obsolete materials.
- Other work as assigned.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and make independent decisions.
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Microsoft Navision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Basic knowledge of ISO and Food Safety Programs
- Minimum 4 years of bottling schedule experience in a winery setting.
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on MRP, Excel and Outlook.
- Good math and English reading and writing skills
- Some knowledge of UPC and SCC bar code creation
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skill
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work long days when required
- Self-starter and ability to look for areas to improve processes.
- Ability to “multi-task” and handle various duties within a work schedule