Maintenance Mechanic II – American Canyon
Under limited supervision, the Intermediate Level Maintenance Mechanic II, performs routine and emergency repairs, modification and preventive maintenance tasks. Repairs, maintains, modifies, installs, standard facility systems including; electrical, mechanical, packaging, pneumatic and industrial controls. Tasks are well defined and guidance from supervisor is readily available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Facility Manager selects and directs the duties of the Maintenance Mechanic II.
- Follow standard industrial safety procedures and the safety procedures established in the Company’s Safety Manual.
- Work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to accommodate schedule changes and work overtime as needed.
- Perform routine preventive and corrective maintenance on all cellar, bottling and facility equipment. This includes but not limited to; cellar pumps, grape presses, de-stemmers, conveyor systems, packaging equipment (Rinse, Filler, labeler, case packer, sealers, coding etc.), filters, boilers, air compressors, plumbing, electrical, tank thermostats and solenoids.
- Perform PVC, copper plumbing and light carpentry jobs from plans to completion.
- Weld with Stick, Tig, Mig, on Stainless, Aluminum, Mild Steel.
- Perform and understand basic to intermediate electrical repairs on plant systems and controls; such as VFD’s, switches, receptacles, control panels and cord replacements in a safe and efficient manner. Not authorized to work in the main electrical distribution panels without supervision.
- Possess a basic understanding of industrial electrical distribution.
- Read and understand electrical blue prints.
- Follow all Company safety procedures and SOPs.
- Lock and unlock facility as needed.
- A current, valid Class 3 California driver’s license.
- The ability to operate forklifts.
- Possess good mechanical / electrical aptitude, have 3+ years industrial experience in facilities maintenance, bottling and electrical controls.
- Ability to weld with Mig, Tig, Stick, Oxy acetylene.
- Ability to fabricate from raw materials.
- Good communication, reading and writing skills in English.
- Follow standard industrial safety procedures and the PW+S Safety Manual.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Flexibility to accommodate schedule changes and work overtime as needed.