Inventory Control Technician – American Canyon
The Inventory Control Technician assists the Bottling Operations Manager and Warehouse Supervisor ensuring that packaging inventory for all internal and external clients are accurate, organized and properly identified. Works with Material Handler to ensure all required packaging is on hand and available in time for bottling and labeling production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and Coordinate inbound glass for both internal and 3rd party bottling.
- Receive and document incoming materials with detailed accuracy and attention to detail.
- Perform incoming quality checks on materials delivering to the facility.
- Perform end of run counts with 100% accuracy and enter materials used into NAV.
- Perform regular cycle counts on packaging materials and maintain a clean and organized stockroom.
- Ensure staging, counting and storage of materials are performed on a daily basis.
- Perform NAV transactions to adjust inventories and capture production usage/losses for packaging materials.
- Coordinate clients’ removal of leftover materials; pull and mail label samples.
- Send monthly reports of materials on hand to each 3rd party client.
- Ability to drive, operate skillfully and safely a forklift in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Relieve Material Handlers for breaks and lunches when needed.
- Check on materials received one week prior to bottling and notify project manages of missing materials.
- Ability to perform additional duties, as assigned by either the Warehouse Supervisor or Bottling Operations Manager
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment on a daily basis.
- Contribute to and uphold ISO 9001standards and quality management system policies
- Minimum 4 years of inventory/cycle count experience.
- Minimum 2 years of quality inspection experience.
- APICS certification or related training a plus.
- Microsoft NAV experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on MRP, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous lead and /or supervisor experience.
- Good math and English reading and writing skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skill
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to work overtime when required. Self-starter and ability to apply time management skills within the department.
- Ability to “multi-task” and handle various duties within a work schedule
- Highly motivated and strives for excellence within the organization