Director On-Premise Sales – East
Director On-Premise Sales – East will deliver results through a planned sales strategy to introduce our wines and spirits to On-Premise Strategic Accounts. (National & Regional Accounts)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement sales to specific major accounts where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities, and account manage skills are critical. Targeting top 100 accounts in the East Division.
- Prioritize sales initiatives and goals in all aspects and phases of wine sales.
- Educate on-premise accounts in product knowledge and/or develop special programs (ie; by the glass & cocktail mixology).
- Utilizing Portfolio knowledge and information, prepare client PowerPoint presentations for sales calls
- Lead insightful, successful client presentations primarily utilizing PowerPoint presentations
- Research and utilize data such as AC Nielsen, market trends, competitive sets, brand exposure, National pricing, that supports sales strategies
- Utilize Sales history and research on existing mandates within National and Regional accounts
- Maintain strong relations and communication with internal Marketing support team to meet the needs of client presentations
- Conduct and facilitate Staff Seminars and Training
- Develop and execute brand launch plans in target markets including distributor pricing, deal structures, target accounts, introduction meetings, etc.
- Establish and maintain major account relationships in the defined region.
- Identify target accounts and opportunities within the framework of the defined region.
- Monitor competitor activity in each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated, communicated, and executed.
- Maintain budget, manage expenses and know inventory levels in order to forecasting and execute sales.
- Analyze Profit Account research for brand positioning and BTG/wine list opportunities
- Develop new accounts all while acquiring and utilizing Purple Wine brand mandates
- Establish relationships with key buyers
- Work with all channels within major chains; IE: buyer, marketing, culinary, and training
- Maintain existing accounts and mandates
- Research wine list potential, growth for company, revenue potential, key management relationships, trends, demographics, etc
- Participate in relevant key Conference opportunities
- Maintain and have knowledge of Compliance requirements
- Actively follow up on the national and region level accounts
- Organize and distribute product samples to identified accounts
- Initiate Regional product features and promotions
- Monitor performance (depletions, shipments, pricing, promotional materials).
- Drive the wholesale sales to targeted distributors in defined region.
- Establish relationships within the distributor network and understand who of your contacts are within the wholesaler i.e; National Account Division or On-Premise Management
- Manage, motivate and support the distribution network including distributor management and sales representatives.
- Multiply yourself through our distributors
- Manage Incentive programs, NA pricing, inventory levels
- Follow through on Mandate Memo’s and Distributor Announcements
- Wine sales preferred. Possesses leader qualities and has a proven track in wine sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or commensurate experience
- Must be at a minimum of 21 years old
- Must have at least 5-10 years distributor wine and spirits sales experience within this territory
- Must be responsible, outgoing and reliable
- Must have valid States driver’s license for mobility within the territory
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Positive attitude; team player
- Superior wine knowledge, combined with a commitment to continuous improvement in all facets of our business sales goals.
- Effective self-management skills, specifically time management and territory call planning
- Existing account relationships desired