Director of Brand Marketing
- Manage the development and implementation of the wine and spirits portfolio’s long-term strategic and annual brand plans
- Develop and lead trade and consumer communications strategies, including P.R. efforts, events and digital marketing initiatives
- Lead business analysis, including consumer and category and competitive dynamics to drive insights, innovation, and pricing and business management decision.
- Develop brand budgets that effectively and efficiently execute brand strategies
- Leads the development of brand marketing programs and initiatives in partnership with Sales, Creative Services and outside vendors, as applicable, to deliver against the brand’s annual volume & profit targets, e.g. national/regional promotions, packaging, public relations, advertising, marketing materials and online marketing initiatives
- Provides support in new product development and line extensions, partnering cross-functionally to implement package changes and product launches
- Develop brand stories and deliver sales plans to the trade
- Be a trade ambassador for the brands: requires frequent travel (on and off-site support)
- Drive a performance culture throughout the organization, providing the freedom to succeed balanced with accountability to the business plan.
- Manage and develop a team of three brand marketing professionals.
- Recruit brand marketing professionals to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, or related field (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 7 years brand marketing experience in wine/spirits – craft spirits a plus
- Genuine passion for wine and craft spirits
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and highly self-directed
- Must be highly solution driven
- Strong strategic and creative skills that help lead to insights and ideas that will drive our business
- Strong business acumen skills; organizational and problem-solving
- Ability to lead agencies in creating consumer and retail programs
- Excellent understanding of effective social media communication and how to drive engagement with consideration for brand voice and tone.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines and effectively prioritize and manage them, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude exhibiting team player and leadership qualities that bring out the best in those they work with. Takes initiative and possesses entrepreneurial drive for success
- Experience launching new brands and/or line extensions
- Proven ability to support and collaborate with sales teams and develop/provide information, materials and programs as needed
- Effective project management skills; ability to plan, organize, and follow through on a variety of projects; ability to execute accurately, on-time, within budget
Able to lift/carry 40-50 lbs for short periods, roughly the weight of a case of wine or spirits