Digital Marketing Manager
Exciting Wine & Spirits digital role in new Petaluma HQ!
This position is responsible for supporting PW+S portfolio of wine and spirits brands with both consumer and trade focused digital marketing efforts by creating meaningful, on-brand content, conducting research and staying on top of industry news and trends, developing and executing paid digital ad strategies and using your analytical skills to assess project successes. You’ll work with internal teams and external agencies to convey a unique brand voice for each brand, sharing behind-the-scenes, authentic content that promotes relevant engagement and drives brand awareness.
This role will be based in Purple’s new downtown Petaluma office (move in is this summer 2019).
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create and share on-brand content consistent with brand story/ethos across various social platforms
- Research and define brand content/keyword opportunities; develop campaigns to increase brand awareness/engagement
- o Build and execute content calendars for each brand per SM channel
- o Provide PPC advertising (facebook, Instagram) and SEO/Google AdWord services – work within allotted budgets to maximize brand exposure
- o Implement and customize website analytics; track and analyze website data via Google Analytics
- Maintain corporate and brand websites; regular maintenance and general upkeep to ensure functionality and content relevancy
- o Analyze digital efforts against set KPIs and report out results with actionable insights
- o Align specific PW+S brand following/likes to key industry trade/media/influencer opportunities
- o Develop key hashtag ID’s per brand to consistently collect and endorse our content
- Liaise with third party PR agency to ensure congruency across brand pitches/messaging, media/influencer outreach, and general brand awareness
- Host local media/influencers/bar community members at our facilities when needed
- Identify and execute local Bay Area events that will further establish our brands in our home market
- Work with key account managers across the country to promote/support industry events in each market via geo-targeted ads
- Stay on top of industry news, both on a local and national level
- Local market account support as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 2-3 years brand marketing experience required, preferably related to digital marketing, content creation, and data analytics
- Strong results orientation and project management skills
- Self-starter who enjoys multi-tasking and brand story-telling both online and in person
- Proficiency in WordPress and optimizing web pages
- MUST be technically inclined and highly proficient in Google Analytics, Adwords/PPC, SEO Tools, spreadsheets
- Experience with Adobe Suite a plus
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and work on a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Experience with consumer goods preferred
- Previous experience in food and beverage industry a plus
- Intellectual Curiosity: Connects “the dots” quickly and perceptively. Problem solves without a road map.
- Fascinated by emerging consumer trends and design. Enjoys challenging conventional wisdom.
- Creativity: can adopt an “authentic brand voice” and create and deliver engaging content across social platforms
- Drive: Collaborative style with high motivation and strong desire to achieve. Not afraid of setting aspirational goals. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Communication Skills: Translates data into focused insights. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; operates equally in informal settings both internally and externally. Courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
- Cultural Astuteness and Flexibility: Is pragmatic, adaptable and focused in a fast-paced environment. Adapts strategies and approach as new information and circumstances arise. Is resilient in the face of challenging obstacles.
Energy: Shows passion, energy/endurance, intensity and excitement. Is outcome/results focused and drives issues to closure. Resourceful and innovative; always pushing to find new and better ways of working.