Bottling Supervisor. American Canyon. Second Shift.
Hands-on supervision and coordination of bottling line operations and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises set-up, sanitation, operation, and routine maintenance of bottling line and supporting equipment/systems.
- Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures.
- Ensure adherence to bottling schedule.
- Ensure that packaging standards meet established guidelines.
- Understand bottling and wine flow process.
- Interact with clients, supervisors, peers and subordinates in a professional manner.
- Oversees equipment and line sanitation requirements and ensures proper hygiene and care of equipment.
- Hires, trains, develops, motivates, rewards and disciplines assigned staff; ensures staff follow safety guidelines and procedures.
- Covers absenteeism on the bottling line when needed.
- Have thorough knowledge of Employee Handbook and enforce all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Participate and recommend in acquisition of new bottling equipment.
- Have a basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Contribute to and uphold ISO 9001 standards and quality management system policies.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Ensures that packaging standards meet established guidelines by assisting in the ordering of supplies and monitoring of process.
- Oversees equipment and line sanitation requirements and ensures proper operation and care of equipment.
- High school graduate, five years minimum related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivation of subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Forklift certified
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Spanish speaking skills a plus
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Walk, kneel, bend and stand, primarily on concrete flooring.
- Interpret complex laws, regulations, and /or policies.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a noisy, fast-paced environment.