Bottling Operations Supervisor
Our American Canyon is currently seeking a Bottling Operations Supervisor. The Bottling Operations Supervisor, supervises and coordinates operations and activities of winery bottling operation and staff. This position is available on our second shift, 4 days a week, from approximately 11am to 9pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises set-up, sanitation, operation, and routine maintenance of bottling line and supporting equipment/systems.
• Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures.
• Ensure adherence to bottling schedule.
• Ensure that packaging standards meet established guidelines.
• Needs to understand bottling and wine flow process.
• Interact with clients, supervisors, peers and subordinates in a professional manner.
• Oversees equipment and line sanitation requirements and ensures proper operation and care of equipment.
• Hires, trains, develops, motivates, rewards and disciplines assigned staff; ensures staff follow safety guidelines and procedures.
• Have thorough knowledge of Employee Handbook and enforce all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
• Participate and recommend in acquisition of new bottling equipment.
• Have a basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Contribute to and uphold ISO 9001 standards and quality management system policies.
• Ability to work overtime when required.
• All other tasks as assigned.
Responsible for supervising and coordinating winery bottling operation. Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures; developing line operation procedures. Ensures adherence to bottling schedule. Ensures that packaging standards meet established guidelines by assisting in the ordering of supplies and monitoring of process. Oversees equipment and line sanitation requirements and ensures proper operation and care of equipment. Responsible for the training, development, counseling, safety and discipline of assigned staff.
• High school graduate, five years minimum related experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivation of subordinates
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Forklift certified
• Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Spanish skills a plus
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Walk, kneel, bend and stand, primarily on concrete flooring.
• Interpret complex laws, regulations, and /or policies.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a noisy, fast-paced environment.