Bottling Mechanic – American Canyon
The Bottling Mechanic II will perform preventative maintenance on all equipment used in normal operations in the bottling area. Changing the line equipment over for different package runs, making adjustments to fine tune the output and trouble-shooting breakdowns are all normal everyday tasks. In addition, spare parts ordering and line upgrades or ideas should round out the duties of the Mechanic II. The Mechanic II is expected to respond quickly to problem areas, helping to keep the line producing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete understanding of the safety manual for the bottling line.
- Change over, fine tune, adjust and repair bottling line equipment.
- Perform more complex electrical, VFD, hydraulic and pneumatic repairs on plant systems and bottling line equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to disassemble and rebuild gearboxes, motors, seals and bearings.
- Ensure optimum equipment operation and efficiency at all times.
- Ability to work and think independently without supervision.
- Teach line operators techniques and tips to optimize their machine’s output.
- Willingness to perform duties productively, efficiently; with good teamwork habits.
- Positively collaborate with the Bottling Line Team to ensure safe and efficient operations of the bottling line.
- Perform PM’s on bottling and auxiliary equipment.
- Complete any required paperwork associated with PM’s and other maintenance activities.
- Assist in training Bottling Line Operators on the operation of the equipment on the line.
- Assist in the tracking of downtime related events on the bottling line.
- Be an active participant in Team Meetings.
- Communicate maintenance needs to the Bottling Maintenance Manager.
- Understand, operate and troubleshoot the un-caser machine, bottle blower, accumulation table, spinner machine, filler, corker, foil applicator, all labelers, spinners, and palletizer machines.
- Assist in the organization and cleaning of the Maintenance Shop.
- Contribute to and uphold ISO 9001standards and quality management system policies
The goal of this position is to maintain the equipment in the bottling area and to help optimize throughput.
The goal of bottling is to safely and efficiently produce quality products for our clients.
- Ability to follow through on projects.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Complex troubleshooting skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Forklift certified a plus.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and weekends when needed.
- 4+ year’s bottling maintenance experience essential.
- Strong problem-solving, mechanical aptitude and tool skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.