Associate Brand Manager – Wines
The Associate Brand Manager will drive growth and optimization of the wine portfolio and will create, develop and implement key marketing initiatives. The Associate Brand Manager will help develop and implement a strategic brand marketing plan, analyze current brand performance, market conditions and identify brand risks as well as growth opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in annual strategic planning process, including product mix, sales forecasts, pricing, and positioning by analyzing product, category, consumer, and market dynamics that ensure long-term brand growth.
- Oversee all content and design aspects related to packaging; gather input and communicate changes in a timely manner to winemaking and production teams.
- Assists with trade and consumer communications, including PR efforts, brand website development/updates and online marketing initiatives including social media, event listings, search engine optimization (SEO) and other online marketing opportunities to promote business growth.
- Owns and manages social media across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Yelp, Pinterest, etc.); includes social monitoring against KPI’s, monthly reporting, influencer outreach, storytelling and brand engagement. Partners cross functionally to curate content across all businesses.
- Activates web, social and digital media strategies to stay abreast with changing consumer behavior that is growing in digital channel; executes dynamic campaigns that integrate with the overall brand communication strategies.
- Monitor progress versus plan through monthly business tracking; constant evaluation and reassessment to ensure resources are being utilized and maximized.
- Conduct on-going analyses of competition, including pricing actions, sales volume, consumer promotion, and tasting.
- Manage brand budgets that effectively and efficiently execute key brand strategies, and as well as manage the spend within budget.
- Track and code invoices and reconciliation.
- Provide and create sales/distributor/broker brand presentation templates as needed.
- Regularly monitors brand metrics (shipments, depletions distribution, velocity, channel mix) and prepares monthly executive summary of overall business performance trends, programming, P&L and key strategic and tactical issues.
- Partners with Associate Promotions Manager to develop chain or regional specific materials
- Assists in the development of brand marketing programs and initiatives in partnership with Sales, and outside vendors, as applicable, to deliver against the brand’s annual volume & profit targets, e.g. national/regional promotions, packaging, public relations, advertising, marketing materials and online marketing initiatives.
- Provides support in new product development and line extensions, partnering cross-functionally to implement package changes and product launches.
- Supports communication of brand strategies and product information to internal stakeholders, such as Sales, Distributors, Importers, and Customers.
- Works closely with Production Manager(s), attend press checks, help with label design changes/revisions.
- Participates in wine tasting meetings to understand and guide wine strategy.
- Participate and present brand initiatives at sales meetings.
- Coordinate logistics and represent brands at key trade and consumer events.
- Vendor/Agency management & negotiation
- Partner with PR agencies to develop and execute PR plan
- Ensure pricing, compliance, and legal activities are up to date and relevant for each SKU
Provide label submission to compliance
- Be an ambassador for the brands: requires occasional travel (on and off-site support)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, or related field (MBA preferred).
- Minimum two-years brand management experience in wine or related consumer packaged goods and knowledge of retail chains (on and off premise).
- Genuine passion for wine and the wine/beverage industry.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills that help lead to drawing insights through consumer research data and trend information.
- Strong business acumen skills; organizational and problem-solving.
- Ability to lead agencies in creating consumer and retail programs.
- Good understanding of effective social media communication and how to drive engagement with consideration for brand voice and tone.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines and effectively prioritize and manage them, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude exhibiting team player and leadership qualities that bring out the best in those they work with. Takes initiative and possesses entrepreneurial drive for success.
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and familiarity with Nielsen/IRI data
- Experience launching new brands and/or line extensions
- Proven ability to support and collaborate with sales teams and develop/provide information, materials and programs as needed
- Effective project management skills; ability to plan, organize, and follow-through on a variety of projects; ability to execute accurately, on-time and within budget.