Accounting Assistant – Accounts Receivable
This role will perform a diverse range of duties that include accounting, administrative functions and customer service to support the process of order-entry and accounts receivable. This role will be temporarily based at our facility in Graton, and then will be based in our new downtown Petaluma office September /October 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of purchase orders; Receive order, verify FOB pricing, input order into Microsoft Navision (NAV), upload into 3rd party warehouse portal and email confirmation.
- Prepare export documentation as needed for purchase orders.
- Invoice daily shipments; Receive bill of lading from warehouse, ship in system, email invoice to customer.
- Pricing; Maintain/update pricing in NAV as needed.
- Process Distributor transfers as needed.
- Track and maintain customer allocations and related inventory as needed.
- Reconcile; open and shipped against 3rd party warehouse, reconciles and resolves discrepancies as needed.
- Provide customer service to external customers as well as providing customer service to support to our internal sales representatives.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, scanning, faxing/emailing and mailing as needed.
- Assists with month-end close as required; scrub orders and performs reconciliations as needed.
- Daily Cash Deposit; Receives checks from receptionist, scan checks with Comerica’s desktop panini, upload and process batch in Comerica’s portal, scan and save as PDF on p drive for future reference, copy and distributor to AR Manager who will then apply in NAV.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook and 10-key by touch.
- Microsoft Navision a plus.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication and mathematical skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to perform clerical & accounting functions.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Versatility, flexibility, able to work overtime as needed and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.