Accounting Assistant – Accounts Payable
Assists with accounts payable processes and performs other accounting and administrative functions. This role will be temporarily based at our facility in Graton, and then will be based in our new downtown Petaluma office September /October 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issues, tracks and matches Purchase Orders and Receivers to invoices.
- General Ledger coding & data entry of invoices.
- Inputs and files vendor invoices.
- Processes invoices for payment; prints and mails accounts payable checks.
- Maintains accounts payable files, records, archives and spreadsheets.
- Responds to vendor and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses, and check requests; assists with discrepancy reconciliation.
- Prints and routes accounts payable reports.
- Processes employee expense payments in Concur and related postings in Microsoft Navison (NAV).
- Responds to employee NAV purchase order problems and questions.
- Works with Purchasing and Receiving departments to resolve open purchase order issues.
- Assists with related special projects as needed.
- Processes distributor customer charge backs and expense invoicing in sales promotion software and manages upload and posting into NAV ensuring proper coding.
- Coordinates directly with Sales Team on customer promotions including obtaining necessary approvals and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma with background in business courses, & minimum of one year related experience.
- 10-key by touch, operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Proficient on company accounting software programs and e-mail.
- Acute attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent mathematical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities